Thursday, July 28, 2011

Hershey Park Happy!

It's been a crazy busy couple of weeks around here. Today is the first day in a while that nothing is happening.  I will blog this morning while the house is quiet.

Yesterday was a fun day.....we went to Hershey Park for the day! In June, the Giant grocery store chain had a deal where you bought certain Kraft products and got free Hershey Park tickets. I love a deal like that! Corey, Christy, Scott, Lynn, Greta, Ellen and Hubs and I had a great time. Kim took her family last week during her vacation. Gina and Joe were not able to join us either =( 

The weather was perfect.....in the 80's, which felt hot but at least it wasn't 100 something like last week, and no humidity. The sky was a gorgeous blue.



Hubs and Ellen enjoy the Sky Ride
(that's way too high in the air for me!)

Picture taken from the Monorail....
silos holding coco beans at the Hershey Chocolate factory



One of the many roller coasters at the park....
none of which I will ever ride!

Cute little train that's a hit for the young and old!

Hubs and Ellen ride the Pirate Ship.
They are on the far end of the top row.

And away they go!

We rode the Tram back to the park after lunch.
Ellen and Greta

Corey and Scott
Scott is thrilled, don't you think?!!

Scott and Lynn

Christy and Dale

Roller Coasters everywhere!
Taken from the Kissing Tower


The town of Hershey, PA

Water Park in the distance


I think this ride is the craziest of them all.....
And my kids love it (except Ellen)



Hey, Ellen......


Beautiful!


I spent the day reading while staying with the things the rest of them couldn't take on the rides. I was so content doing that.....reading all day and not feeling guilty about it!! Dale didn't ride many rides either. Ellen was surprisingly brave and rode a lot of coasters....even the Great Bear this year. She said she closed her eyes the whole time! It was a good, good day!

Today I need to get some house work done. Lots of laundry, floor sweeping and still some things to put back in place after our busy week-end. Our beach vacation is coming up too. So, the busy continues!

Have a great day!



6 comments:

From the Kitchen said...

I can smell the chocolate. Looks like a fun day with the family. I'm with you on most of those rides. I have a fascination with Ferris wheels but would never get on one!

Best,
Bonnie

Anonymous said...

Good Morning! It's been so long since I've visited an amusement park. I'm so wimpy that I got sick once just WATCHING the pirate's ship swing back and forth!!! The sky looks beautiful and everyone has a lovely smile. So glad you had this time together. Don't work too hard today. Thanks for sharing the photos!

Theresa said...

Looks like SO much fun BUT, I am the sitter with the stuff too! I really don't care much for rides! The ones that go round and round make me sick as a buzzard:) Ellen is sure a pretty girl and I know that everyone had a ball!

Enjoy your day dear Doris, hope you get lots done! HUGS!

Jean said...

I don't like the roller coasters anymore, but I do still love the Coalcracker Flume, the ferris wheel, and the pirates ship. I hope we get to go there again sometime.

Jean said...

Oh, I forgot to say - that is indeed a beautiful picture of Ellen! I'm glad she liked the rides.

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

Ah sweet Doris . . . always busy, always cooking, always having fun. Beach time sounds like a perfect change of pace.

Fondly,
Glenda