Saturday, June 18, 2011

Remembering a great Dad on Father's Day

Paul Milton Witmer, my Dad, grew up on a farm. After he married, he became a farmer too. He also had a heart that longed after God. When I was very young, he was ordained to the ministry in the Mennonite church. I loved hearing him preach! He sold the farm in the 60's and worked as an auto mechanic and a preacher.

 We never had much in the way of material things.  But one thing for sure, I never doubted that I was loved.....ever! 

Daddy has been enjoying heaven since Oct. 1, 2009. I miss him. But, what wonderful memories he has left with us!

Dad at Corey and Christy's wedding rehearsal dinner

Grandpa and Grandma Witmer meet Paityn Lily

Aidan entertains Grandpa Witmer

My brother shares a picture with Dad.



Treasures are not always things. Today I hold in my heart many treasures.....my memories.


4 comments:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

what sweet memories and a great post...Happy Sunday

Jean said...

Never doubting we were loved, not ever - that's probably one of the richest treasures he gave us. That, and the example of passion for God. We are so blessed.

Theresa said...

What a sweet post dear Doris! I am missing my Daddy today and every day! What a handsome Daddy you had! I love the picture of him smiling at the picture with your Brother! Sweet Aiden with Grandpa Witmer:)

Precious memories, how they linger...

Big HUGS my sweet friend!

Anonymous said...

A sweet and heartwarming post about your Dad. I especially enjoyed the pictures you shared.