Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Shopping, LOVE IT!!!

I went shopping today.  It wasn't for me and that's why it was so fun.

This wasn't a day to keep my Littles, the sun was shinning, it wasn't windy, I felt good and I needed stuff. Sounds like all the arrows were pointing towards a great day! So I got into my Buick, filled her up with gas (yikes...after that, I considered going home again!) then headed towards Lancaster.

So what was the reason for this shopping day? There is a Women's Retreat coming up for the ladies at my church. I'm one of the leaders, so it's my desire to make this a really special time away for them. I was looking for useful items that aren't costly but will bless the receiver. Most years, each lady got a small gift at each meal. I think I will be changing it up a bit this year. It'll be good!

First stop - Micheal's. Jackpot! Won't say what I found....but most of the items cost a dollar or less. Next stop - Christmas Tree Shoppes. Love that store! Most of the items purchased there are for the family. Next stop - AT&T. My phone has not been sending text messages - could receive them though which was so weird. They gave me another phone, was still on warranty. Nice!

I made a quick stop at home, then headed north towards Lebanon with Ellen. She lost her gym clothes (!) and needed a pair of black shorts. Found a pair at Kohl's. We did the McD's drive through on the way home. That was a special for Ellen. We don't do it often.

 Back home again and Hubby asked if I went to the grocery store (we were almost out of cereal). Nope, I hadn't. So it was off to do some grocery shopping.... after I warmed up and ate a bowl of soup!

I suppose it's a good thing that I love to shop!


3 comments:

Theresa said...

Oh what a fun day! I love to shop to and I guess you could say we shopped together today:) Me here and you there! Can't wait to hear all about the retreat, sounds like loads of fun!

Enjoy your evening dear Doris, HUGS!

Anonymous said...

The retreat sounds like a wonderful time of fellowship. You'll have to share more later. Glad you had a nice day of shopping.

marcy said...

Sounds like a busy but successful day of shopping. Glad you were able to get a new phone.