Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I Love Fall

I do love fall. I love the cool nights and the warmer days. I love the colors of fall. We have a lot of maple trees which will turn a beautiful yellow. Most of the mums didn't make it through the winter last year so we won't have that color in our gardens this year.

 But the sedum is getting pretty. I love this plant! 



(oops, should have pulled that weed prior to picture taking!)

The flowers along the side of the house are still beautiful. Hubby keeps them watered.


And the passion flower continues to bloom.


This plant was given to us from Dale's Mother many years ago. She got it from her sister. WE Dale brings it into the house each fall, waters it, works hard to keep it alive then plants it in this spot again in the spring. I often took some blooms for the nursing home residents to see when I was working. It's an interesting plant which tells the story of the crucifixion of our Savior.

It will not feel like fall today. It's to be in the 80's today and Thursday and 92 on Friday! Dale is back to work today. I told him to take care of his leg and not to bump it. I'm sure his boss is happy to have him back again.

Tomorrow is a special day at our house. Twenty-one years ago today, I was at Lancaster General Hospital for a weekly non-stress test. The nurse called my Doc to tell him that this lady has had enough and what was he going to do about it! And the rest is history.....more tomorrow!

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Need more of the story and LOVE the flowers! I have sedum too and it is gorgeous! Your husband needs to come help me with my flowers:)

Enjoy your day my dear, I pray your hubby is doing good!

HUGS!

Jean said...

I still remember exactly where I was standing in the laundry when you called me and we decided that I would go along to the doctor. I did not realize what I was getting myself into, but I LOVED being part of it! Twenty-one years???? What old ladies we must be, hahahahaha!!