Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Summertime!

  •   July 4 (part 2)
Marcy and Scott invited the family to come over for a cookout the evening of the 4th.



It only suited us to come.
The rest of the fam had plans.

Scott grilled, Marcy prepared corn on the cob plus lots of other things,
we brought some food, and a delicious meal was enjoyed by all!

Either Noah was already finished or wasn't hungry yet 😀



Kids had lots of fun on the playset!
It's shared with Scott's brother's family who live right beside them.



After dinner relaxing!
Was so nice to have Scott's dad join us.



Paityn is setting something up for her Poppy on his phone...
what would we old folks do without our smart Grands!!



Starting a fire for S'mores!



The Good Ole Summertime!


  • Christy's Birthday July 5
Christy's parents picked up Chinese food for our dinner.
 We all crowded into our screened porch and enjoyed a fabulous meal!
Wish I had thought to take a picture.

Christy and her parents taking a selfie 💓



They had a few laughs while trying to take the pic!

Last Christmas I made some Oatmeal cream pies which Christy loved.
(we all thought they were fantastic!)

I told her I'd wait to make them again until she could eat them.
(since her surgery in Feb. eating has been a slow forward progress)

She decided she was ready on her birthday...
The cream pies were made by Zoe and me.

Noah thought she needed a candle.
Of course she does!



We sang Happy Birthday!



She blew out the candle...
and we all enjoyed an oatmeal cream pie!

They are gluten free and dairy free and DELICIOUS!!



  • Are you watching Christmas in July movies?
I am! When I can.
Zoe loves them too and joined me on Sunday.


And I am going to stop here for today. The next event has the potential for a photo dump so it's best to post that separately. Besides the fact that I really do have more to do than just sitting at the computer =)

God bless your Tuesday!

5 comments:

Mari said...

How nice to live next to your brother and share a playset!
Fun times at Christies party too. I think you need to share the recipe for the oatmeal pies. :)

Kathy said...

It looks like so much fun! I need the recipe for that dairy free, gluten free dessert. It would be perfect for our Sunday School treat where people are both dairy and gluten intolerant.

I'm heading in your direction next week. Hope the weather is good.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Doris, it looks like you enjoyed some great family celebrations, as always. Glad to read that Christy was able to enjoy that special treat on her birthday.

Theresa said...

FUN times! It is always nice to spend time with family!!! I love seeing all of your family pics, so dump away:) Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Jean said...

I finally am having time to read a few blogs for the first time in weeks!! I loved seeing your gathering at Scott and Marcy's lovely back yard and also the fun for Christy's birthday.

I'm feeling sad that it's already August.