Friday, March 25, 2022

Pictures....what I've been up to

 Nearly the end of March already!

I really should do a better job of checking in more often.

So what have I been up to??

Let's take a look....

We've had snow...








Thankfully it soon melted 
and we were blessed with several very nice spring like days.


I had a birthday!

Carrot cake is my favorite 
so Ellen and I made one.
It was almost as good as Christy's carrot cake!


Of course I had my free Starbuck's coffee!



Sweet Zoe made this earring holder for me ❤ 

68 is πŸ‘


On a beautiful Friday.....

Toby and Carson came to play!!

We ate lunch on the porch,
the boys played HARD,
the mamas and the Nana
talked and talked and talked.

It was the BEST day!!


I had another Starbucks.....

My Idaho sister sent me a gift card for my birthday
so of course!

Yum, yum!!


Ellen was featured in a newsletter!

Ellen takes virtual classes through
Lighthouse Vocational Services.

Before March 2020 she was going there to learn skills 
to eventually find a well suited job for her someday.

The staff is so impressed with how Ellen has blossomed through
taking the classes.
She really has gotten more comfortable
 interacting and participating.
We are so proud of her!

Hopefully she will be able to attend in-house at some point.
We continue to live carefully because it's a good thing for our household.



These pretties keep popping out!

Oh how I LOVE seeing color!


Noah is learning to read!

He read this story to me
and I wanted him to hold it up for a picture...
He did just that πŸ˜„



Told him to put it lower....
he did just that πŸ˜‚

He makes life interesting!


I have a few painting projects for my hubby to tackle sometime (soon!).

Our tiny bathroom needs a refresh
and I'm changing the color slightly.
If it needs painted, why not change it? 

The hall and stairway walls need done too.
That color I thought I had settled on but now I'm rethinking.

It will be the light gray that's on our walls in the living room (our basement area)
or the wall color in the family room on the main level.

I have framed artwork from the Grands 
and some from our kids too....
really have framed them so long ago I'm not even sure what anymore!

They will be hung on the stairway wall but it needs painted first.
I'm not a big change lover
UNLESS
it comes to decorating spaces 😊

It's Friday and the weekend is coming...
even though that really is no different than most weekdays,
except church on Sunday which is always special indeed,
it still feels exciting!

Happy weekend!











8 comments:

Latane Barton said...

I love the earring holder that Zoe made for you. Such a clever thing to do with popsicle sticks. My earrings... just thrown in a drawer. Maybe I need a Zoe in my life. (grin)

Mari said...

Happy Birthday! The earring holder is priceless.
Hooray for Ellen. She's a celebrity!

Kathy said...

So many things happening in your life. You are busy. Happy belated birthday. I have a hard time finding the time to post and keep up with things too. Like you, I try. But life keeps getting in the way. Have a good Sunday. I love my Sundays too.

Cindy said...

Our house needs to be painted too. Our bedroom, a hallway... Probably blue in the bedroom and white - eggshell for the hallway. Happy belated birthday! Looks like you had a good time.

NanaDiana said...

LOL about the picture holding. Love that you got such a special earring holder and you had me at Starbucks! xo Diana

Theresa said...

I can’t keep up either. Hard as I try, it seems I am always catching up. It looks like you had a great Birthday and I love the earring holder. My 68th is swiftly approaching. Ellen is a star and I am so happy to see all that she is accomplishing. Enjoy your day dear friend. Hope you can sit on the back porch and see the flowers blooming. Hugs.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Sending you belated Happy πŸŽ‚ Birthday greetings, Doris, and hope that you will celebrate πŸŽ‰ all year long as that's how long this year will last, so why not? Congrats to Ellen for doing so well in her program and being in a magazine too! We had a dusting of snow yesterday morning and it's only in the mid-20s outside, so no daffodils will be in bloom here.

Jean said...

Finally caught up with you here. When you said your age I suddenly remembered that this is the one month of the year that Betty, Barb, you, and I are each two years apart. I used to love that when we were kids!

Ugh, painting. We need so much painting. Not sure when that will ever get done. Dick can fix cars a lot better than he can paint.

Still waiting and waiting and waiting for another nice weekend.