Monday, December 28, 2020

We had a Good Christmas

 It's been a good few days celebrating Christmas.

I'll try to not post a ton of pictures....

but I'll not lie.

It's hard!

(I took sooo many!)

And I don't feel like putting them into a bunch of collages 

because it takes too long

and then I won't feel like posting at all ☺

Christmas Eve...

we participated in our church's Christmas Eve service

from home.

(we aren't having any in person services until sometime in January)

We really enjoyed it!


On Monday evening we went to church to pick up a gift bag
which included the candles.









We had lots of rain and all the snow disappeared.
No white Christmas for us this year.

Later we watched a movie...

I'm sure you know what movie this is ☺
It's a tradition for this household to watch it on Christmas Eve!

Before I went to bed I made an egg, hash brown, and sausage dish
for breakfast in the morning.
Put it in the crockpot,
went to bed and slept a little,
up at midnight to start it!

Oh did the house ever smell so good in the morning!


Christmas Day!


These three had fun seeing what was in their stockings!


Ellen did too!

Then it was time to open the presents under and around the tree!

Doesn't look as full as sometimes...
makes a difference when it's just us this year.

And it was so much harder to do all online shopping.
I was SO done with it!!



Noah LOVES his  red jacket...
also came with black pants.
He wanted something in a Christmas color,
Christmas clothes, as he called it ♥


Not the best picture but her expression was worthy of posting ☺
She loves anything Cat.
It's a new lamp for her bedroom!





Aidan seems pleased with his gift from us...
a portable charger for his phone.


Zoe is so in love with Baby Yoda.
She is one happy girl!!


She always wanted a scales...
she got a nice one!



Dale got a mug filled with candy from Ellen.
It says Dad on it and on the handle
it says, 
Fixer of things.
So true!


Christy got a pasta maker!
And a bread maker too.
Both have Gluten Free settings....
isn't that just the best??


They were so anxious to see what was in this big interestingly wrapped gift.
I think they were pleased with it.
A trampoline!!

Corey set it up yesterday and they are loving it!
In the year of staying home
it's good to have some fun things to do....
that don't involve a screen.

We took some time to rest
and the kids to play
and then it was time to eat....
but first, how about some family pictures??

Some were more thrilled than others ☺


Dale, Ellen, and me
I look like I'm over picture taking too!!

And then we had dinner in the dining room
which Noah thinks is so special.

And I didn't take any pictures.
Guess I just wanted to eat and be....
that's important too!


Yesterday Was my hubby's 67th birthday!


We had Five Guys takeout for dinner.
We don't do that very often so it was really enjoyed by all!

Ellen and I made him a chocolate cake.
Noah held a candle for him to blow out,
keeping it off the cake because....

why did we never think it to be a little gross 
to blow all over the cake right before eating it???

We enjoyed the cake and some ice cream too.
A very good day indeed!

And today is another special day...
our 47th wedding anniversary!

Me and my mom ♥

I made my dress and veil.....I made most of my clothes in those days.

Recognize these two babies?? ☺

We were young...
Dale had his 20th birthday the day before
and I was still 19!

So now here it is 2020
and there are six kids,
5 more added who married, or will marry soon, our kids.
10 grandchildren,
1 added who married one of the grands,
and 1 great grandson!

Oh how I love my bunch!!!!

We will get a pictures of this bunch when we can get together again.
For that I cannot wait.
It's been long
and I'm so over this waiting.

But wait I will,
thankfully it seems like there is light at the end of this tunnel!

Thanks for hanging in with me 
on this long post.

I'll work on posting more often and making them short  ☺

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥












5 comments:

Mari said...

It's a great post! I love the Christmas pics. Ellen's joyful face is so fun! (and so is the lamp!) And that tramp will be used a lot.
We had a white Christmas. We also had a candlelight Christmas Eve service, but we were able to have it at church. I love that you all had candles at home.
Happy Birthday to Dale and Happy Anniversary too! We were also babies - 20 and 22. We thought we were grown up and knew it all though! (Now I know better). I'm so impressed by your dress.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Really enjoyed seeing the photos of your family Christmas Day fun, Doris. We did a few phone calls and video chats with various family members and then enjoyed a quiet day together at home. PJs on all day and it was wonderful.
Sending Happy Birthday wishes to Dale from us.
And wishing you all a Happier New year

Jean said...

Don't apologize for a long, delightful post!! Wow, I really loved seeing that picture of Mom. I gotta save it!

I so remember the feeling of relief I had after your wedding. I probably tell you that every year. Your wedding was the last thing I wanted my baby to hold off for. I was ready to go any time after that, but had to wait almost four more weeks!

Happy Anniversary!

Laurel Wood said...

Oh I love every photo and seeing the different gifts everyone received. I love Ellen’s cat lamp! Happy birthday to your husband and happy anniversary to you both. Love to each of you and God bless in the new year.

Theresa said...

What a fun time, missing the others but still enjoying the ones in your home. We have all gotten used to being apart and I really want it to be over so we can return to our normal way of life. The kids all looked so happy with their gifts and Ellen is just a happy girl always. Happy Birthday Dale and Happy 47th Anniversary to you both! Have a blessed New Year's Eve dear Doris, HUGS!