Monday, January 27, 2020

Life on our hill and beyond

Yesterday as we were preparing to leave after the church service,
I had to capture this pretty sky picture!

There's something serene about it I think.

On Friday morning I decided to remove some fingerprints
off a few windowpanes. 

It's sorta one of those jobs that is never done...
as soon as they are gone, 
they magically appear again in absolutely NO TIME!!

☺☺☺☺

My little helper guy asked if he could help.
Since the fingerprints mostly belonged to him
and help is always welcome...
Of course he could help!
My helper in red plaid pj's. 
Just gotta love him!! ♥

He declared it a good job in the end!

Thursday he came with me to the grocery store,
after which he got a special treat.

Starbucks chocolate cake pop!

I had ordered it ahead and after I gave it to him he said he had wanted a red one.
(although he was fine with the chocolate)
I asked how he knew they had red (a Valentine's special).
He informed me that he saw it on the sign!!

Nothing gets by this 4 yr old ☺


Saturday Ellen and I attended a birthday party for her friend, Bri.
It was the first time that we were at the new condo
where she lives with her parents.

We had a great time and the condo is lovely!!

We had lunch...pizza and subs. 
The girls are very pleased with those choices!


Gifts for the birthday girl!


The girls watched a movie 
and the moms went to the loft to chat.

It's so fun to hear them laugh and talk while watching the movie.
They truly are good friends!

We moms are are really, really good friends too ♥


Ice cream cake ended our time together.
Fun party, Bri! 
Thanks for inviting us to celebrate with you!



Ellen and I did a little bit of shopping today.
She will be attending the local 
Night to Shine Prom in a couple of weeks.

She has her dress, shoes, jacket to go with the dress,
jewelry  (still deciding on some of it),
 and today we found a cute headband.

She didn't choose a sparkly dress this time.
Instead she really liked an $8 dress from JC Penney's
(the sales person was amazed at the price when she rang it up!)
that she will wear many times.
Practical is so good!

We will post pictures for sure. 
She is really looking forward to her night to be a princess.

The Night to Shine Prom is an amazing night for special kids/adults, 
ages 14 and up,
from all over the USA and beyond.

**************************

My prayers are with many who are hurting from recent loss.
Also keeping blog friend Linda in my prayers.
Her husband is nearing the end of his life here on this earth.

**************************

God bless the rest of your Monday.





10 comments:

Karen said...

IT IS NICE TO SEE YOUR GOOD HELPER AND THOSE SMILING FACES! HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEK.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Looks like it was a fun bday party and glad the girls enjoy being together. I have fingerprints on my windows and wonder how they get there when there are no little ones living here....lol Thank you for the prayers. We are still waiting for the Lord to call him home.

Mari said...

Love that pretty sky. and the steeple is also pretty. I just said that to Bob the other night as we passed a church with a nice steeple. I love them!
Glad you and Ellen had so much fun. Good friends are a blessing.
I'm praying for Linda and family.

Mary Ellen said...

Oh the joys of being with Noah! And the Birthday party with Ellen's friends always warms my heart when you share about those events.
Blessings on your week. Mary Ellen

Jean said...

That condo is gorgeous! I just love your gatherings with those girls and moms!

Washing windows. Hmmmm. But how fun to have Noah's help!

Kathy said...

Any time Noah wants to wash windows, just send him my way. Lots of windows in this house. Looks as if the birthday party was so much fun for both the girls and the moms.

Theresa said...

You girls have the most fun and little one too❤️ I love finding a dress that can be worn over and over. Adding a different jacket or cardigan, makes a whole new outfit. Enjoy your day dear friend. I am praying for our dear friend Linda๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ And her entire family. Sending HUGS and PRAYERS your way.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Ellen and her friends and you and their moms always have the best times together at the birthday parties and other events. Thanks, Doris, for sharing this fun time. Also, your helper guy, Noah, looked great in those plaid PJs.

Cindy said...

You had a great helper! And I love those pajamas! The pictures of the church steeple and the sky are beautiful. I love the couch at the condo. My husband and I have been looking for an alternative to our couch, love seat and 1 recliner. I think that might be it!

Sandi said...

Sweet little helper! ๐Ÿ˜Š