Saturday, January 26, 2019

What's Happening in my World

It’s been too long again. I’m still here, still going about my business =) But somehow I don’t get around to blogging. Must be the cold weather....I’d rather be under a blanket and reading a book. That would be a book on my phone with the Kindle app. I rarely pick up an actual book!

Here's what has been going on in my world. No special order, I'll just write as I think of it.

We've had cold, we've had sun, we've had rain, we've had snow.

January 18 snow.


My phone says I took this on Jan.21.
The sun was melting the snow.

A few days before this picture was taken,
the neighbor kids had a very fun time sledding down 
our sloped back yard....
It was terribly cold that day but they had a blast!
No pictures. 


And then we had heavy rain.


Later I looked out and saw the sky was clearing....


Before long it was showing blue!
I like blue.

We are getting more snow tomorrow and very cold temperatures again.
Winter is so hard!


 These three had a dance party one day =)


This sweetie had a birthday!
She's now 2.


I had some down time....
watched a past episode of
This Is Us.

LOVE that show!!

While there are still many pictures on that bench
that need hung (if only I could decide how I want them arranged!),
hubby did hang one by the TV.
I love it!

Notice all the cords still hanging down at the TV....

My hubby took care of that issue....
only one is there now and that will be gone sometime too.

After lots of discussion as what to do 
and he spending time making that little three shelf,
we decided we would rather have a small shelf  hung behind the TV
for the cable box and roku.
He made another shelf. ☺
The DVD player was connected to the TV in our bedroom.
We rarely use it and it's too big to tuck it anywhere and still be handy to use.
I will have hubby paint the shelf he made and use it in our closet.


One evening last week everyone else had something to do and this kid wanted to stay home,

No problem.
I asked if he wanted to watch....

......Shark Tank with me.
(previously recorded)
He did! We both love that show and I love watching it with him.

He and his sister are in the musical
Mary Poppins Jr 
being done at Ephrata Performing Playhouse.

The shows start this weekend
and they have a very busy schedule of practices this week.

Praying for good health, restful nights,
and tons of stamina!!

We plan to see the performance on Saturday morning, Feb. 16.

Yesterday after church we went to Lebanon to eat lunch with
daughter Gina.
Daughter Greta and her family joined us at Ruby Tuesday's.
It was a delightful time
and such good food.
I had the garden bar and oh how I 
love their mango iced tea!
Never thought of taking pictures, sadly.

Ellen is planning to attend 
The Night to Shine prom.
Have you heard of it?

Tim Tebow Foundation provides this prom for 
special needs people ages 14 and older.
It's held in lots of places all over the world,
this year on February 8.
We are blessed to have one near us!
This is Ellen's first year to go.

She needs a dress, of course!
We decided today would be a good day for some shopping....
the sun was shining and it didn't feel nasty cold.

Our first stop was J C Penney's.
We almost gave up finding anything there, then I notice a clearance rack.
And on it we found several dresses to try.
One of them made the cut....
and it was less than $18!!

She loves it. I need to do a bit of fixing of the straps to get a better fit.
But for $17 whatever, I can do!
Next stop was to Old Navy to get a black tank to wear with the dress. 
It needs it....and she will feel better wearing it. 

Then she was hungry so we went to Chick-fil-a. 
It's always so full but today at 1:30 it wasn't too bad.


Enjoying her lemonade.

On Saturday I attended the funeral of my Aunt Dorothy Witmer.
It was a wonderful service. 
What a special woman, Mother, Grandma and Great Grandma she was.
Her family honored her beautifully.

My sister's hubby took this picture afterwards.

We were listening to our precious step mother tell a funny story.
We love her so much!!

Next week my sister, Barb, and her husband will be visiting from Idaho.
It will be short but so sweet ☺


That's it for today. There was a whole lot more that I did since I last posted but I'd rather not bore you to death. I'm enjoying my family and working hard to enjoy life in spite of winter. It's really not my favorite season and am always glad to see it end. January is soon past....still have several more months to go till we see signs of spring. God bless us, everyone!



7 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing <3

Jean said...

I’m so happy that Ellen will be going to that prom. Calvary (up here) is a host church for the prom and I’ve heard such great things about it.

Vintage Girl 901 said...

Such a sweet post. Your husband is the bomb! That room! I wish! Isn’t Isn’t theatre great!!! Love that my girl was always involved in the arts. I can’t wait to see pictures of Ellen at the prom. How awesome. Your photos are great. We were supposed to get know but once again the weather girl failed us! Oh well. Take care and see you again soon.

Annsterw said...

It looks like you are getting in a lot of great family time!!! The weather in Pittsburgh is a lot like yours...snow one day, pouring rain the next and then finally some sun! I love the days there is sun even if it is cold! I need that sunshine! Dance parties are the best!! They make me happier than anything else! Enjoy the rest of your week and stay warm!!!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Thanks for the catch-up post, Doris, and you did fit a lot into this post 😊. Condolences on the passing of your Aunt Dorothy. You will surely have a nice family visit next week. It’s always great to find a bargain when shopping for a special occasion and looking foreard to seeing Ellen’s prom dress.

Mari said...

Nice to catch up with you! Glad Ellen gets to go to that dance. I love that Tim Tebow has that foundation. You did great finding that dress.
I love the pic of you and your sisters with Grandma Mary. She is such a sweetheart!

Laurel Wood said...

I enjoyed this post so much. You lead such a busy life, but oh, so rewarding. I love all the photos. I am very familiar with Tim's Nite to Shine and I'm so happy for Ellen to attend. Sending love and prayers from here. I'm counting the days to spring!!!! lol