Monday, October 22, 2018

Random

So I was going to try to post more often therefor making my posts shorter and taking less time to write. It was all good until last week. Sigh. So random this will be.....as thoughts and events come to mind to share.

  • No, not this year, not even close!
This came up in my FB memories from two years ago.
Things are nowhere that pretty yet this year.


  • Sunday, October 14 was youth Sunday at church.....meaning the kids were in charge of the service. How nice. Several of our grandchildren took part. 



There's Grands Zoe and Paityn helping to lead worship.
(not a great pic, cell phone)

And that's all I was able to be part of.
I was on nursery duty so I missed the  scripture readings by Aidan and Paityn.
I heard it was a great service.

  • Several weeks ago on a Saturday evening, my 45th high school class reunion was held. Yes, I am that old!! I was part of the planning committee.....it was work, it was so neat working with the two other ladies on the committee, it was amazing seeing it all come together! I only took three very bad pictures with my cell phone. My good camera was there but with all that was going on I didn't remember till it was too late. Ugh. 
We met in a fabulous barn.
had a wonderful catered dinner
and loved every minute of it!

These four classmates blessed us with several songs.
A cappella, of course!
In 1973 at our Mennonite high school no instruments were used, not allowed!


Our classmate, Bob, shared a very touching message.
He said he was nervous....
I thought, me too!
I was the MC, something I certainly don't do very often.

The highlight of the evening was singing four hymns from memory.
Of course, four part harmony 
and no accompanying instruments.
It was amazing!!

Our class knows how to sing.

  • Look at this cute little thing....


It's a small Keurig, 
holds water for 3 mugs, brews the hottest coffee....
and how about that amazing color?!!
It resides in our basement living room
and gets lots of use.
  • Look what hubby started last week.
All that dark stained wood in our living room
 is getting a fresh coat of paint....
so are the walls.

I'll keep you posted...
got the paint today while it was still 40% off.
Excited!!

New flooring will come later, maybe a winter job?

  • Last Friday the kids didn't have school. I took them to see the movie, Christopher Robin, which is now being shown at the discount theater....$3 a ticket. Works for me.
Popcorn, of course!
This kid fell asleep during the movie.
Maybe a good thing since he was asking if it was over before it barely started!

After the movie they were hungry!
To Mc D's we went.
I never go there so I was clueless.
It took forever to order!

Enjoying it!



  • Later that night Ellen and I went to her friend Marissa's house for a campfire and smores.  
SO nice!!


Enjoying herself =)


  • My little helper....
He's a cutie!

  • More flowers received for recovering Christy (who is doing great, by the way).
So pretty but we don't know who sent them. 


This bouquet is from our church.....so cute!!



  • Time to wrap this up with one more picture.
I bought this wreath many years ago.
The pic on the left was after I changed the original bow 
and added some fall leaves.
The middle pic was last year when I added some white.
Right pic is this year, another bow change....
green and gold this time. 

I love changing things!

Take care, stay warm! Fall has arrived in PA!
Leaves will get the message soon. 











5 comments:

Jean said...

I do hope we’ll soon get some beautiful leaves. It’s crazy how green my mountain still is.

I wonder if your reunion was at the same barn as my class’s 45th. It belonged to someone in the Yunginger family I think. Next year I’ll have my 50th!

How exciting to be getting a living room makeover!

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Bet your class reunion was really fun and beautiful songs was the whipping cream on top! We still dont have any color in our leaves; fearing they will just drop off with no pretty colors beforehand. Cant wait to see the livingroom once done. Rest well tonight.

Theresa said...

Fall has arrived here too and perhaps is jumping straight to Winter, not really but I am cold natured:) Those flowers are gorgeous and I am happy to hear that Christy is doing good. A night outside for smores with friends is a great time and you can see it on Ellen's face. A reunion is lots of work but SO worth it. Sometimes not taking a lot of pictures leaves more time for having fun:) Have a blessed Fall day dear Doris, HUGS!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Nice catchup with so many things going on, Doris. A bedroom redo will be nice with brighter cokors as well and getting a paint discount was really nice. Glad that Your daughter is getter better day by day.

Mari said...

Our color isn't great this year either. I've not far behind you in class reunions - mine was a 40 year one this year. Good for you for being MC!
Your work on the house is looking good, and so is the wreath.