Monday, December 11, 2017

Christmas, Snow, Family

Christmas came to our house on Saturday! So did snow. Not as crazy about the snow as I am about Christmas and family =)


We had a little help decorating the tree! 

Christy is in charge of the help....I was working on the rest of the decorating. I'm not showing pictures yet because I'm not finished and I'll be moving things around for days before I'm satisfied! 


The wreath on the front door. Changed the batteries so the lights are now bright and cheery again. This wreath was a cheap one from Boscov's purchased several years ago. I added a bow, a string of lights, and some decorations. 



It snowed all day. I was so busy decorating that I hardly noticed!! Took some pictures in the afternoon. Lot more snow than I thought we would get! 

Sunday morning......




Sunny days are the best!! 


Also Sunday morning.....


Our granddaughters participated in the Advent reading and candle lighting. Paityn reads, Brinley hung the ornament on the Jesse tree, Their dad, Scott, helps Brinley light the candles. Didn't get a picture of that because I was holding Cambrie so their mommy could video. Of course, seeing my precious Grands participate warms my heart!

Sunday afternoon was spent with some of my siblings. My sister, Barb, and her hubby, John, from Idaho were here visiting his parents and spent time with us on Sunday. It's always so special to be together. 

We met at my brother's home. He and his wife prepared a wonderful dinner for us. But first we had to talk, catch-up, laugh, sing!


Our hosts, Dick and Nancy. 






Always.....

Jean, Barb and I sang as a trio for many years. We still sing together when we are together! 

(I didn't take many pictures so some are borrowed from my sister, Jean) 


Barb, John, and our sweet Mary! 

For my newer readers, Mary was married to my Dad for almost 25 years. She is the best step-mother we could have asked for. Our parents are now in Heaven but we still have our Mary! 


Dale, Ellen and me. 


Left to Right:

Jean, her hubby, Dick standing behind her; Dale, Ellen and me; Barb, John, Mary; Dick, Nancy, Mary Ellen. 

Siblings are: Dick, Mary Ellen, Jean, me, Barb. 

Missing are: Janet who lives in Heaven, Betty from New Hampshire, Rose from Georgia. 



Pretty sunset! (too cold to go outdoors to take the pic so there's a reflection of the light behind me!) 



Beautifully set table!



Good times around that table. 

Love these people!! All too soon it was time to say goodbye to Barb and John. They fly home this afternoon. Would love to go see them in Idaho sometime. I've been there once but Dale has never been. It's a dream....and one we need to make a reality! 

One last picture....


Saturday evening Nancy posted this on FB saying that her table is set for our dinner on Sunday :))

God bless your day....now I must get mine started!!

6 comments:

Karen said...

Loved seeing your photos! Pretty wreath with the lights, and snowy sunset.
Have a wonderful week ahead.

NanaDiana said...

This just makes me feel a bit homesick for my Pennsylvania home. We have snow here, too, and my family is here but there is always that echo of PA in my heart.

It looks like you had a wonderful visit with your family/friends. That is the best part of the holidays to me.

I hope you have a great week, Doris. xo Diana

Anonymous said...

I love seeing your grands, sweet Mary, and your family. The views out your window are so beautiful. Lots of memories in the making in your house. xoxo Enjoy our show tonight.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Thank you for sharing your pretty snow with us....I do love it, but maybe because we dont get as much as you do. So happy you enjoyed being with family. Cant wait to see all the finished decorations.

Mari said...

The snow is beautiful, especially the pics of the snow with the sun going down. The table set in the snow is hilarious!
I always enjoy your Witmer gatherings and seeing sweet Grandma Mary.

Theresa said...

Beautiful, heart warming pictures! Love seeing the snow with the SUNSETđź’› Enjoy your day dear Doris, hugs!