Saturday, December 24, 2016

Christmas is Fast Approaching

Christmas is coming.....



I've been working at wrapping. 

Man, I can make a mess!


I do have more wrapped than shown here. But I'm not finished.
Yikes.
(that's the old Hernley Mennonite church bench
 that's been stored for too long.
 We finally decided to pull it out and use it. 
Hubby will shorten it, it's very long)

I've made lots of this!

Onion pretzels
White Chocolate party mix
Both are favorites at our family dinner.

We took time to see good friends....

Our friends from NH....
Pat and Dorothy.
We met them at Cracker Barrel for lunch on Wednesday.
Lovely time!!


These little ones always brighten our lives....

Zoe is up early and reads a book to Pop Pop.


This one....
is a ham!

Today I had all three kids while the parents worked.
Aidan suggested that we buy lunch....
I thought about it for a second
and decided it would be great fun.
We went to Wendy's,
ordered at drive thru...
3 kids meals
1 half salad
4 frosty's
Nana loves to spoil them once in awhile =)
Can't do it always...
remember, I live with these kiddos!!

Lunch and a movie is the best!


We watched My Dad is Scrooge.
They loved it!

Selfies =)
Noah with  ketchup all over his face!

We took time to see some lights tonight.



Would you be brave enough to walk up that staircase??
I would not...
not even for a million $$!



Krasley Christmas....love it!!

This town square has been a favorite my whole life.

Manheim, my home town.


It's a thrill to drive under these red and green light bulbs every time!

Hopefully by this time tomorrow, I'm ready for the big day.....
Merry Christmas!




5 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

We send our best wishes to you and your family, Doris, for a Christmas 🎄filled with joy, laughter, and much live...all of which we know are bountiful in your family. We are so thankful that we could get together especially during this busy time of year. We are thankful for your friendship and wish you and yours a very Happy New Year 🎉

Karen said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family. I enjoyed your photos. The Christmas lights are sure pretty there! Enjoy your day tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Such a lovely post and photos. Wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas with lots of love. May the Lord bless you all in the new year.

Theresa said...

Merry Christmas from my heart to yours! Beautiful lights and family time is the absolute best:) Have a blessed day after, I am having my coffee and trying to get my motor running:) HUGS!

Jean said...

Wow!! Those lights are incredible!! And of course, the Manheim square is still the best. Hope to get to see them.