Wednesday, September 9, 2015

September Heat

It's not been a really hot summer here in our neck of the woods. We've had several days in the 90's from time to time, but very few. We've had days of high humidity but not so many in a row that you'd thought you'd die. 

So, here it is September. And it's hot. And it's humid. Go figure!

September 9, time for Fall wreaths even though it's 90 degrees beyond these trees. 

Our grass is still green but not as lush as it had been. I've noticed a lot of dead lawns today. We need rain!

Not quite 90 at our house. Trees and being high on a hill helps to keep us cooler in Summer.....and colder in Winter, of course :/ 

Front door wreath needs some tweaking I see. Pictures are good for what I miss!


Not ready to put out other Fall decor just yet. It's too darn hot!

In other news.....
I'll share some photos of a family gathering we attended on Sunday. Labor Day Sunday is always a special time to visit with aunts, uncles and cousins on my moms side of the family. Always a wonderful time!

Cousins :)

Our hosts in the middle...Moms brother, Earl, and his wife, Irene. Brother Lloyd and sister Alma. 
So good to be with these beautiful people! 

The whole group who attended. I enjoyed myself tremendously!

This sweet dog greeted each guest as they came. As you can see, she is so loved! 

Another Sunday and more family :)
August 30, a 70th birthday party for hubby's brother Paul. 

He gets some help from a grandson to blow out the candles :)

Happy Birthday, Paul!

We sat under the tree to eat our lunch and visit. 



Ellen passes time with her ever present game.
 Fun afternoon spent with wonderful family!

God bless your day!

4 comments:

Mari said...

It's been really hot here too! Cooler weather is predicted for this weekend. We've had lots of rain too, so everything looks very green.
Time with family is so good!

Theresa said...

I love seeing all of those sweet pictures! Nothing better than sharing time with those we love! It has been hot here but we are promised some cooler temps and lower humidity:) They better be right! Have a blessed rest of the week dear friend, HUGS!

Anonymous said...

I love your wreath. I am ready for fall, too. What a lovely time spent with your family. Your photos bring to mind my family's reunions in late summer during my childhood. Wishing you a nice day.

White Lace and Promises said...

Wow! How wonderful! I can't imagine how great that would be. My mom had a large family and I remember getting together several times a year at Granny's with all the cousins. I guess that's what I miss the most. I lost my Uncle, mama's brother in law, last week and couldn't get back home. She has 3 sisters and 2 brothers, 2 sister in laws still alive.