Not much new around here......it's still cold. And windy. Except for yesterday. One day, yesterday, it was near 40 and sunny and delightful! I felt like ditching my coat and bringing out the flip flops☺ Well, maybe not the flip flops.
Here's a few great things happening....
- Look at my new hand mixer.....
It's green ♥
I love the color green. I've not had a hand mixer in ages. Sometimes I just don't feel like pulling out the big Kitchen aide when a small mixer will do the job. My daughter, Kim, got me this one for Christmas. There was a mistake in the delivery so it came after Christmas. She wrapped a box with the picture of it for me to open. Cute!! I have put it to good use several times.
- We were hungry for cake on Sunday. So Zoe and I got to work and we mixed up a chocolate cake. It was Super Bowl Sunday so we tried to decorate to celebrate the game.
We tried ☺
I was told it was very good. I had a tiny sliver.
(because this cake is not gluten free!)
- My family pulled together a wonderful party even though we didn't do a stitch of planning ahead.
These two bring lots of fun to our bunch....
Scott (married to our Marcy)
Lynn (married to our Greta).
Love the expressions!!
Lynn is frying wings.
Scott is working on several sauces.
The wings were out of this world good!!
Scott's parents joined us for the evening. It was so good to have them here, They have hosted our family for many a Super Bowl over the years.
- The kids had such a good time dancing at half time. Actually, Brinley and Zoe started before half time!
They were so much fun to watch!
Paityn and Aidan do their share of dancing too!
- I keep working at putting away Winter and getting out the hearts. Yesterday I was able to get out and purchase a few
cheapinexpensive things to add to the few items I already have. I decorated the wreath.....
None of the pictures got very good.
I think it looks better than this.
(pardon the battery box hanging there....I didn't see that before the picture was taken!)
I'm working on the mantle.
I enjoy decorating!
- I did a lot of laundry today. The last load is in the dryer. It's soon time to get Aidan at the bus stop. Then I must make dinner for the family. Not for me, though, because the 'Basement Girls' are going out for dinner tonight. Can't wait! Who are the Basement Girls? 5 ladies who had offices in the basement....only one of us is still there. The rest of us have moved on but we love getting together several times a year. We all feel blessed by our continued friendship.
Blessings to you on this cold and blustery Thursday! Bundle up, stay warm!