- Ellen is finished with another year of school. Of course, she only had 3 days with no school before she headed to the beach. I'd say she is one lucky girl! She came back with a nice tan and Mom is a tad jealous.
- Two weeks of camp will soon be here for Ellen. That's something to look forward to. She's going to Aaron's Acres camp with the 'give back' community service projects in the afternoon this year. She was hesitant to try that one in previous years. She struggles with trying something new but is usually fine.
- Now that the beach goers are back, life is settling into a normal pace. Had Aidan and Zoe all day yesterday and they will be coming again this afternoon.
- Greta and Lynn brought 2 strawberry pies over on Sunday that they made. Oh.My.Goodness. They were soooooo good!!
- Last evening when Corey took the kids out to his car to leave, Zoe looked up to the sky and started singing - Twinkle, Twinkle little Star. Melt my heart! It was so sweet. Wish I could have recorded it for you to hear!
- Yesterday afternoon the skies got dark, there was a flash of lightening and a clap of thunder. The heavens opened and it poured! Didn't last long, but it was crazy! I thought, Welcome to Summer =) Next thing you know, the sun was out again. Cool!
- The skies are dark again and I hear thunder in the distance. Yup, summer.
- Yesterday I treated my family to ham slices with a pineapple sauce and my baked corn for dinner. Zoe said, I love corn! Aidan said, I love ham! Win, win =)
- We got a new grill. Didn't need one but the price was right. FREE! Dale was working for someone who wanted a new grill. He was either going to sell his old one or give it away. He decided to give it away...to my Hubby. It's much larger than the one we have. Came with a cover too. We have yet to use it. I didn't realize Dale had connected a tank to it. Guess I'll have to see how it works one of these days.
- Ellen has two more Challenger Baseball games then we're finished. Season goes so fast!
- Some activities we look forward to - a swim party and cook out at the coaches house on Sunday after the game, our fun time with family at Long's Park for the patriotic concert and fireworks the next Sunday, a church picnic the first Sunday in July, the big Witmer family retreat the last week-end in July.
- I love summer but hate how fast it goes. Being intentional is the only way to enjoy it. Otherwise, it's gone before you have time to enjoy!
- I really hope that a decision about what we are doing as far as moving or not moving can soon be made. Corey and Christy are waiting to get some info before they decide to rent or re list their home. Patience is a virtue and I'm struggling!
- I am so grateful for a website I stumbled across. Not even sure how I found it. It's called The Simple Pen. She recommends free books which I can get on my Kindle. So many free books I have found are not that good. So far, the ones she recommended have been really good. She also puts together bundles you can purchase for a reduced price. I've not purchased any. But I get tempted! thesimplepen.com
Tuesday, June 18, 2013
What's Up at Our House?
It's summer, almost!