Saturday, November 17, 2012

So much going on!

Busy, busy! I'm sure you are too. With Thanksgiving just around the corner and Christmas activity already started.....whew!

I started Christmas shopping this week. The stores are getting busy already. I was going to order two things from Amazon but found both toys at Toys R Us for less!

Last evening Dale's boss took us out to dinner and to see the show, Jonah, at Sight and Sound Theater. Wow, that show is outstanding! I loved it! I would love to see it again.

Today I did some cleaning and some furniture moving. Hubs painted and cleaned up the yard. I need to take a pic of the little shed at the end of the barn that he has been working on. It looks very nice!

This afternoon I went to Boscov's for an orientation. I will be wrapping gifts for them again this Christmas. It's a free service to their customers. I did this two years ago. It can be a crazy time but fun too! I work Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday next week.

I've been working on some ornament crafts this week for our Women's Christmas brunch. I'm not very crafty but I'm trying. So far I've made 10 button (buttons from my attic) snowflakes and 10 music sheet (music sheets from my attic) decoupage ornaments. I have 20 more to make....cinnamon cut-out ornaments.

I will be making a Thanksgiving dinner. My sister Mary Ellen will be joining us. She will bring a friend too. I don't think any of our kids, other than the 2 that live here, will be joining us. Mary Ellen is bringing a new game to play. Should be fun!

I did some shopping after the orientation today. And stopped for a few groceries. And ordered a pizza for dinner. I was almost home when I remembered the pizza! Getting a bit forgetful in my old age!

I have dishes to wash and I soon must go get Gina at work. You bet, busy, busy. I.Will.Survive!

Blessings!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Busy time for you! I know you will enjoy your sister joining you for the holiday. Pizza sounds very good to me.
I imagine the gift wrapping can get hectic. Take good care of yourself.

Susan said...

I know what you mean with so much going on! Oh my, I haven't even thought about Christmas yet!!! I put a new blog post up tonight & Dan said "Wow! It has been a long time since you've blogged!!" ... just not enough hours in the day for everything! Hope you can take time to enjoy Thanksgiving coming up ... blessings to you & your family.

Theresa said...

Oh Sweet Doris, I remember you wrapping presents... busy lady! Sounds like you guys are all over the place up there:) Fun shopping early, I like doing it early and often, hehe! Have a blessed day dear friend!

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

You sweet busy girl.

Fondly,
Glenda

Jean said...

I certainly haven't begun to think of Christmas. Bless your heart. Have fun wrapping gifts!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Don't think we will get to your part of the country before the holidays, Doris. But, if we did, we would stop in at Boscov's for a free gift wrapping...does that mean we would have to buy something too?
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.