Thursday, April 12, 2012

I really don't know what I'm doing....I just do it!

I really don't know much about the 'how' in decorating, flower arranging, retreat planning, writing devotionals and Sunday morning messages for Women's retreats.....I just do it!

Last evening I attempted this....

I will look for something different to put around the cup
 holding the flowers in the orange arrangement.
I took 2 more photos which I think are better but...
the computer doesn't think it's necessary to down load 2 more....grrrr.
What does a computer know anyway!


The Saturday devotional is written. I'm working on Sunday morning message. Really, I don't know how to do it, I just do it! And, I pray the women attending will be blessed and challenged.....oh, I pray a lot!

I have more little gifts to get ready too. I use the Internet to come up with ideas. What in the world would I do without that?!!

I would like to work on more decorating ideas involving our theme but time is short. Won't get to it, I don't believe.

This week has had some challenges. Yesterday was one. but we made it through! We've had sickness in our family...the upset stomach kind. Not me, THANK GOD!!! Greta got sick Monday night. Christy got sick Tuesday morning, Corey felt terrible on Tuesday but never went beyond that (same for Greta's Lynn and our Kim). To top it off, Corey and Christy got a call for 2 showings of their house yesterday. Christy was still not feeling wonderful, Corey did go to work, Dale and I had a funeral to attend late morning (Dale's Uncle Floyd Myer had passed), so I wasn't available to help till the afternoon....plus I was counting on that time for prep work for the weekend retreat. Oh well, that's just how this week was coming down! Gina and I headed over to help Christy around 2:30. the first showing was at 4:45. We worked fast! Came home, made dinner for all of us then Greta, Gina and I headed out with our dresses for the wedding to be altered.

My cousin does alterations and we are delighted with her skill and her reasonable pricing! After that, we came home. Corey, Christy and the kids were still here. Aidan was doing his watercolor painting I put in his Easter basket.... He loved that $1 item from Dollar Tree =)

Today will be another busy one. And tomorrow. And the week-end.

 I'll breath more slowly next week!



5 comments:

Mary Ellen W. said...

I love this picture on your header. It makes me happy every time I look at it!

Wow, your week is busy, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Anonymous said...

Some weeks everything happens at once! I'm thankful they are getting to show their house. I'm still praying for you guys as you sell and locate a new home.
Your flower arrangements are cute as can be. Have a blessed afternoon.

Theresa said...

Oh I know exactly what you mean::) Some days and SOME weeks are so darned busy! Sorry that you all had sickness, lots of folks around here have said that had it too!

Good luck on the retreat, I know it will be wonderful! Have a blessed day dear friend, BIG HUGS!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Doris, hope everyone is feeling better soon and that you don't get sick. Great news on the house showings - feast or famine. We are looking forward to getting ours ready to show, hopefully very soon too.

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

Your retreats always turn out so beautifully. Thanks for your sweet serving spirit. Hope your family is on the mend.(and didn't share it with you.)