Thursday, February 2, 2012

Happy February 2!

Know what today is?

In our neck of the woods, it's a biggie.

Most folks know about Punxsutawney Phil
from western PA.

But did you know about Octorara Orphie?
He's (or is it a she??) is from southern Lancaster Co.

Today I learned about another local Groundhog...
Mount Joy Minnie!!!

They saw their shadows and have headed back inside their dens.
6 more weeks of winter is the prediction.

Blah Blah Blah

I think I prefer the predictions given by the
 York Co. Groundhogs...

Dover Doug and Poor Richard
predict an Early Spring!

Happy Groundhog Day!!!!

...a little silly once in a while is good for the soul  =)





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I vote for early Spring, too! Have a nice day, Doris.

marcy said...

I am ready for spring too. Paityn was sick again on tuesday and woke up with a cough this morning.

Theresa said...

It already feels like spring here;). Have a blessed day dear Doris! Hugs

Barb said...

I never heard of all those others guys but I love the interesting names.