Saturday, December 3, 2011

It wasn't on my List

A list? Me, who doesn't do lists, had a list? Yes, I confess. I had a list.  The list had on it items I didn't want to forget this morning. I needed to leave early to finish up some decorating, make the coffee and bake the french toast for the breakfast at church. I remembered everything on the list.

The camera was not on the list. No pictures of our wonderful Women's gathering! No pictures makes me sad. But the memories will be precious.

We did have a good time. The food was delicious...sausage and ham breakfast casseroles, baked french toast, bacon mushroom quiche, blueberry pancake squares, veggie squares, fresh fruit, coffee, tea, cranberry punch. We also had loads of pastries. I told the ladies they are to forget about fat and calories for this one event and enjoy!

Everyone was blessed by our speaker. Lisa Miller is a local Realtor and also a worship leader at Newport Dove. I met Lisa years ago when she worked as a Music Therapist at the nursing home where I was an Activity Director. She spoke on the blessing of Being Still before God. She ministered to us, encouraged us and prayed for us. We are so Blessed!

Many ladies helped with clean up. We set up tables in our sanctuary so they needed to be put away and the chairs put back in place again. One of the men came and got everything back in order in a short time. What a blessing!

So now it's time for me to focus on this house. That has potential to keep me out of trouble for some time! Hubs is outside hanging some lights around the deck. Maybe I should switch out the Fall wreaths for the Christmas ones today. Time to get rid of the pumpkins too! Don't think the tree will go up yet. Maybe later this week.

Have a delightful week-end!

4 comments:

Theresa said...

Oh girl. you have been busy! I have a house full of grandkids:) They are keeping me busy and out of trouble! Enjoy your weekend, HUGS!

Jean said...

I would have loved to hear Lisa! I know you had a sweet time. Sorry you forgot the camera, but it happens! Have fun decorating. I'm hoping to start tomorrow. I have Austin today. How did we do it with a bunch of little ones underfoot??

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time of fellowship. Enjoy decorating the house now. Blessings to each of you.

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

You busy lady . . . have fun decorating your home.

Fondly,
Glenda