Thursday, May 19, 2011

Last Georgia Past

After packing up items used at the wedding, we all went to Rose and Bob's home. Everyone helped to carry gifts, bottles, books and more....into the house. Then it was time for a little relaxing, laughter, chatting. What a great day it was.

The next morning we packed up our suitcases again, checked out of the Hotel and made our way back to the Wichterman's. It was good to see their home in the daylight!

The Wichterman Homestead

Rose gave us a tour
then it was prep time for lunch.
We had left over chicken, pork, baked beans from the rehearsal dinner.
And wedding cake too. yum!

Some ate in the dining room

Another shot of the dining room bunch

Some ate in the kitchen

Bob and Claire chose this cozy spot.
Let me tell you, this is one sweet couple!
It was a delight to be with them.

Matthew, Bob and Bill chose the outdoors too.

Not a clear picture...
Olivia and her cousin having some fun.
Not sure where they ate!

Scott chatting with Bob and Claire.

After eating, Bill , Dana and their family had an airplane to catch to DC.
Goodbyes were said and we settled for some more chatting before we had to leave.

Bob and Rose were gracious hosts =)

Scott and Matthew settle in with some music making.
These two are regulars at family gatherings
and they are AWESOME!

We look at pictures of the wedding on a computer.

Claire is viewing her pictures on the camera....
isn't it so nice to not have to wait?

Checking pictures on Scott's phone

It was time to say our goodbyes ....
so sad our time together was over so soon.

Back on the road heading North we went. We drove and drove, stopped to eat at Shoney's along the way, then called it a day about a half hour to the TN/VA boarder. We found the Comfort Inn but had to wait in the parking lot of the restaurant in front of it before getting to the hotel.... Because a rollback wrecker was loading a car right across the driveway that we needed to get to the Hotel!! It was 9:30 at night and we just wanted get there! Oh well it soon got the job done and we made our way to the hotel.

It was a short night. We ate breakfast at the hotel (free). 

Greta gets to GPS fired up and ready to go

Loading the car for the last time!

Will it shut?


It all fits and we are ready to go!

We left at 7:45 , stopped at another Shoney's in Harrisonburg for lunch. Had some rain,
slowed traffic for an accident and construction....
Finally home after 5pm!
Ellen was home, Nancy came to stay with her till we arrived. Ellen had a good time at Grandma and Nancy's house. When she left that morning to go to school she asked them when can she do this again!

Today I have my little ones to keep me company.  It has been a week since I had seen them!

Before they came, I took Ellen to Hershey for a follow up appointment at the Orthopedic Dr. Dr. Fortuna is having nights splints made for her. Both feet are really tight. We are also going to have new inserts made. Ellen will probably have to have some bones fused in her right foot some day. When she had the first surgery, that Doc thought he would work on her heel at a later time. He has since left Hershey and Dr. Fortuna would like to avoid that surgery because of the needed fusion.

If you made it to the end of this l-o-n-g post.....aren't you happy to see the end?!

Have yourself a great evening!


Anonymous said...

I enjoyed every word and the great photos. What a fun time you all had! Their home is so pretty and the food sounds delicious and I'll bet the musical entertainment was great too! So happy you enjoyed your visit.

marcy said...

Loved all the posts and pictures from your trip. Glad you were able to go and had a great time.

Musicaljean said...

Totally LOVED every picture!!!! What a gorgeous house! That picture of Mary Ellen at the car trunk brought back a funny memory!!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Great pictures....and loved looking at each one...I love seeing life...
Have a great weekend

Theresa said...

Oh honey, what a sweet time with family and friends! I know it was a long drive but memories to last a lifetime!

Happy to hear that Ellen enjoyed her time with the family and I know she was happy to see you:)

Have a blessed weekend dear Doris! HUGS!


I love the evening and day after a big family wedding . . . all the work is done and you get to just hang out with all your visiting family. So fun.

Praying for Ellen and her feet.