Saturday, December 16, 2017

Baby Pictures!

I promised baby pictures and pictures you will get!

Yesterday our daughter, Greta, gave birth to Toby Dale at 11:35 am. We were thrilled to receive a picture of the baby about an hour and a half later. Isn't technology great? Last evening as we were getting ready to go see him (and his parents, too, of course!) I was reminiscing how it must have been for my mom when her first grandchild was born in Florida. She had to wait for actual photos to come in the mail to see her granddaughter, then travel by car about 4 weeks later to see her. My goodness, I had just minutes to go see this baby (he's not even my first, he's #11......10 grands, 1 great-grand) and I could hardly wait to get there.

Pictures.....


Toby Dale,
we are in Love!!


Pop Pop and Ellen admire this sweet baby!


Nana is thrilled to pieces!


Mama with her new baby boy.

How different it is today.
In the 70's when I was a new mom,
I got my babies when it was time to feed them. 
They spent way more time in the nursery than in my arms.
So glad that has all changed!!



Sweet family!
Big brother, Carson, was coming later 
to meet the baby.

We didn't stay long of course. 
Mama was feeling good but she had a rather big day!
Daddy too.

******************************************************


Look who showed up since my post yesterday....

Baby Jesus!

Zoe said she found him hiding behind the curtain of her ballet toy.
Hmm, I bet a boy named Noah put him there =)


The gifts were placed under this tree today.

Zoe told me that I did a lot of decorating inside the house but not outside.

Pop Pop put out this tree earlier this week.
Zoe was so pleased to see the gifts!


The poor deer with half the lights not working was put out today too.

The beautiful lights in the distance belong to several neighbors.
We do have a pretty neighborhood!


Lighted houses =)

After visiting the new baby,
we went to Target.
I purchased a power strip.....
It just sorta jumped right into my cart, it did!


The basket of Christmas books came out of the attic today too.

I think we're getting finished ;-)



Merry Christmas!




8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Toby Dale is adorable. Congrats to all of you! Thank you for sharing the pictures. We wish you all a very Merry Christmas!

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

That sweet baby is adorable and I know they are happy he is here for his first Christmas with the family. Your decorations are so pretty and festive. I know the grands love helping with them. Have a great Sunday!

Theresa said...

Nothing puts a smile on my face like a sweet little baby! SO CUTE:) Congratulations to all of you! Your decorations are looking festive and I am happy that Baby Jesus arrived just in time for Christmas:) Enjoy your day dear friend, BIG HUGS!

Plain Jane said...

Congratulations to you all Toby Dale is adorable

Mari said...

Congratulations! He is adorable!
I'm glad you found baby Jesus... :)

Phoebes World said...

Congratulations! Yes technology IS wonderful. I love talking to my little grandson back in Wales via Skype every week. Im flying back to England in March to be with my daughter when she has her baby. Its so exciting.
Beautiful decorations... and Im so glad you found Baby Jesus
Blessings
Phoebe x

Jean said...

That precious boy!! There's just nothing as sweet as a newborn baby! When our first grandchild was born (Katrina in Sweden) I waited a long time to see her - 5 months! But it was 1993, so I'm sure we got pictures of her via email.

Love your outdoor decorations. I wish we had a smaller outdoor tree to decorate. We actually talked about putting lights on our big evergreen! That would be an undertaking for two old people, LOL!!

R's Rue said...

Aww.