Friday, September 21, 2018

Part 2 (after the oops)

Here we go again....let's see how much I can get written in a hurry. Maybe hurrying is what got me in trouble the last time ;-)

More fun in Rehoboth....

These animals made the weirdest noise when squished. The chicken sounded just like a sick chicken! It made the girls giggle....and the moms too :)

One thing the girls had on their minds before heading back to the condo....

Ice cream, of course! 


I had a pumpkin spice latte for my dessert, yum! 

Bed felt really good that night even if it wasn't my bed. 


Ellen and I shared the third floor master. It was huge! Gina sleep on a sofa on the second floor and used our bathroom. Two other bedrooms shared a jack and Jill bathroom. 

After a light breakfast Saturday morning we went out to see what the beach was like. We thought it maybe would be too windy. It was breezy but not bad. And it was warm! And blue skies!!


I asked God if he would bless us with blue skies. Because of the hurricane a ways south of us, I really thought we would not see blue. And I told him I would be thankful anyway (but it would have taken some talking to myself!). God is good....no matter what the answer. This time it was to be blue skies. 



Totally my happy place. 


Sunscreen, but we really weren't as diligent as we  should have been. Ellen and I had some sunburn. Oops. 


Those darn birds....this beach was FULL of them! We walked to a close by Dairy Queen....left our bags on our chairs to keep them upright in the breeze. While we were gone a nice neighbor rescued a bag of almonds because a bird was stealing it right out of my bag!! 


Lots of kite surfers!

That evening we ate at another favorite....


They have a wonderful GF crust. This is one place where I order pizza instead of salad. Margherita pizza! 

After dinner we shopped at the outlets then went back to the house to relax. 


Marge took a picture of the beautiful sky. I love a pretty sky!


This is the life :)

Sunday morning we were at Cracker Barrel before 8:30.....that's early! 


A good breakfast then back to the house to pack up and head back to PA. 

We had the best little moms and daughters getaway. Let's do it again, ladies! Reba and Marissa, we missed you!! 

Fingers crossed that it posts correctly this time....


8 comments:

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Got it - so glad you all had a good time. The pictures told the story. Happy the weather held for you too.

Kathy said...

Now I want to go to the shore. What a great time you had. Glad you did a second post to finish the story.

Susie said...

Doris, I loved the sunset phone so much. The kite surfing sounds like fun. Hey, I am always up for ice cream. LOL. Love the house you stayed at, so nice. Funny story about the stealing gulls. Blessings to all, xoxo, Susie

Mari said...

I love the good times you have with this group! And this looks like it was fun. :) Love the sunset!

Theresa said...

What a fun time at the beach, my favorite place too:) Blue sky was a blessing for sure, sharing it with friends and family... PERFECT! Enjoy your day dear Doris, HUGS.

Karen said...

I'm so glad you all got to go on your trip and the hurricane didn't disrupt your plan. Looks like everyone had a great time!

Jean said...

So. Much. Fun!!! I think i’m jealous!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Glad the weather cooperated, Doris, and looks like a wonderful get-away and what's NOT to like about ice cream and pizza and time with good friends too.