Saturday, January 20, 2018

Snow and Decorating

So it has warmed up and of course I'm loving it. It's rather hard to remember earlier this week when it snowed and was freezing outside. But freezing cold it was......here's proof!



As you can tell,
I was on the inside looking out ☺


They made snow angels!

I stayed home a lot this week because of the weather. Yesterday was not a kid duty day for me and Ellen was with her life-skills coach. I had a day to do as I pleased! Cool.

I went to Micheal's all by myself. There was a few things I needed but who doesn't also enjoy just browsing? I do and I did. 

I made the purchases I needed then to the grocery store to get milk. Exciting, eh? Oh well, sometimes the same old can be fun. 

As soon as I returned home (everyone was away so I had a quiet house, something that's rather rare when you live with 7 other people!) so I went to work with my purchases.  

Empty pitchers need filled....
while I'd rather have fresh (always)
fake will do.


Vases need filled too!


Fake is good.
Fake is less expensive ♥

Today I decided that Christmas must go away in our downstairs living room. I really liked the Christmas decorations.....and I apparently never took any pictures. Just went looking for one and I cannot find any.  

* So I looked back through my blog because I was sure I took some....sure enough, there they were. But where are they on this computer?? It's a mystery.


I really have enjoyed this pretty! 
But as I said, it was time to put it away.

I enjoy decorating. I don't ever really have a plan, I just move stuff around until I'm pleased. Then I'll probably move a few things again after a few days. Anyone else decorate like that??

We bought a little cabinet to put our towels in rather than using bins on the bottom shelf of a bookcase. Our very small bathroom on this level does not include a linen closet. We also have a small microwave down here. That used to be on the bookshelf too. The bookshelf got moved to make room for the cute cabinet....

 I really like it!

The little house and tree is staying....
I like it too much to pack it away.

So I continued moving thing around.....






The back of the sofa has lots of glitter from the Christmas decorations I had there!
I'll sweep it another day.
Forgot to put batteries in that string of lights.

I'll probably move some things around here till I'm satisfied. 


 The grandkids like my sign =)
I like old stuff!

This morning while I was having my coffee and reading the newspaper
I got visitors.....

Zoe brought me a picture she drew then went back upstairs for a picture for Noah.
She told him to shut his eyes.
He did ☺



He likes it!


Then they both found books.
I read to Noah....


And Zoe read some jokes!

What a sweet way to start the day!


You know how I love a pretty sky.
At the end of this day....





May God Bless the rest of this day.








7 comments:

Mari said...

It looks very pretty - inside and out! I like old stuff too. I took note of your old bench and school desk seat. I can see that one gets lots of use from the grands.

Jean said...

I enjoyed this so much. I don't enjoy decorating nearly as much as you do. When I find things I like and put them where I want them, I just keep them there forever. Well, not quite. But I just don't have room to put extra stuff anywhere except the Christmas stuff, which finally got taken to the shed today.

Everything looks so lovely in your downstairs living room. And so cute to have the kids come down to join you this morning.

That sunset!!! I just can't get a good view of the sunset here. The mountain is usually in the way.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

I love to move things around too, and enjoyed seeing how you did yours. It is nice to have a quiet day now and then, and with all your family, it is rare I am sure. I love old things and we have a few around here.....old telephone, hall tree, to name a couple. I noticed the school desk too. Hope you have a restful night.

NanaDiana said...

How wonderful to have a few moments to yourself. I know the feeling exactly. I like to shift things around in my house, too. We are preparing to move in the spring so much of what I have is packed away. It will be fun to haul it out again and see what I have. Love the stories about the grandkids-they really are such a big part of our lives, aren't they?

Have a bkessed Suaday- xo Diana

Theresa said...

SO pretty! The weather has cleared here too and it feels like Spring. I know it won't last but I will enjoy it today:) Cute pictures, love that sign... "Grandkids spoiled here":) That cabinet is precious! Enjoy your day dear Doris, HUGS!

Karen said...

Grandkids spoiled? At YOUR house? ha ha Love to see them having a great time.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

My decorating style is similar to yours, Doris, in that I don't ever really have a plan. We enjoy decorating for Christmas and did it together, which makes things so much easier and quicker too as Pat hauls out all the containers and then puts them away. We too have un-decorated now although I did leave snowmen around the apt and set up outside out entry. And, the snow has been melting here too due to some warm temps and lots of rain!