Friday, December 15, 2017

Almost Done

What a title....almost done!! Yes, in lots of ways, hehe :))

Almost Done....Decorating 

Almost. So many obstacles in the way to completion. 


Power strip needed to plug in the little houses. Do we even have one??? Not sure. 



Whose bright idea was it to put our old tree on the porch? Oh dear, it was mine. So it needs lights strung on it. I found one box. I put it on yesterday....it's cold out there!! Needs more.....and the tree stand is broken too. Hope it gets finished and lighted and not leaning on the railing before the 25th. 



Oh yes, there are still pumpkins out there too :/ 



Did I mention that it's snowing again??

I don't like snow. 



The little tree has lights but the battery thingie is broken :(

The wreath....it just might stay there. 



There's a little string of lights on the shelf but it needs batteries, of course. 



Did I mention it's snowing??



The pots at the front door are still empty!!

I was too busy last week to get greens. 

I was too busy this week to get greens. 

Plus it's been really really cold this week. 

Did I mention that it's snowing again??




Baby Jesus is among the missing. Again. 

Where does he go?? I asked a little boy named Noah and he didn't know ;-)




Time to finish and clear this stuff out of here!!



Did I mention that it's snowing??



I am working on wrapping. I'll add the ribbon later. Not even close to done with that task!

The box on the end holds the garland for our stairs in the basement. Still waiting to get hung....usually use command hooks to hang it. You guessed it, I don't have any!! 

A bit frustrated, I won't lie. Feeling done. 

But then I look at this pretty tree and I feel all better. Christmas is coming! 

People are the most important anyway.....

Tomorrow we eat breakfast with our friends from NH....Pat and Dorothy. 

Sunday evening is reserved to bake sugar cookies with the Grands!! (I'm skipping seeing Jordan Smith in Hershey because my family is important to me)

And we have a brand new grandson born today!! I'll tell you more about Toby Dale tomorrow. 

Merry Christmas to you!



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new grandson! Can't wait to see him. Your Christmas tree in the bay window looks so beautiful. Ugh on the snow; I know it is not your favorite! Don't stress or over-do. Just enjoy your beautiful family and the new little baby boy! xo

Karen said...

Think of all you have already done!! It looks beautiful. I like the tree on the porch idea. Congratulations on the new baby. Can't wait to hear details.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Your decorating sounds a lot like mine....what I need I dont have, and cant find for the life of me. This year I scaled back and dont have nearly as much as usual. With Jim in the hospital and the skilled nursing home, it is just me here so didnt need much. Hope you get to finish tomorrow and find all the lights, etc. that you want. Yes, I see it is snowing....you can send it down to Tennessee, which will solve two problems.....you dont like it and I love it! lol

Mari said...

Those finishing up tasks are the worst! I thought I was done wrapping and then 2 small gifts were delivered today that I had forgotten about!
And it's snowing here too...

NanaDiana said...

LOL, Doris. Did you say it is snowing there?! lol
I don't like the snow either....well, it looks like you really have a lot of stuff ALMOST done...you just need a few lights and batteries here and there and you will be good to go.

I finally ended up buying a baby Jesus on eBay for the grandkids FP set. lol

Hope you have a good night/weekend & Merry Christmas to you, too. xo Diana

Kathy said...

No wonder we are friends, Doris. Our houses look alike! Half done projects and no time to do them. And then there's the snow... Hope you have a wonderful and productive weekend. I'll be calling you soon. Or at least before Christmas.

Theresa said...

Oh I feel done too:) My living room is my staging area for gifts/wrapping and it looks like a disaster! But... when I look at my tree (not in that disaster room) it gives me a warm/cozy Christmasy feeling! Enjoy your day dear friend in your decorated home! I love the tree on the porch:) HUGS and CONGRATS on the new addition to the family!