Friday, December 8, 2017

A Busy Time, my December!

Oh my goodness, I have been a busy bee! Almost too busy to read blogs and certainly too busy to post on mine. Here's what I've been up to......

Saturday, Dec. 2


Ellen and I joined three of her friends and their moms 
Saturday afternoon to see this musical.
It was so well done and we enjoyed it tremendously!


Sunday, Dec. 3
Marcy and Scott and the girls came over in the evening. I finally gave Paityn and Brinley their birthday gifts....I'm so embarrassed it took me so long =(


Brinley is always in a hurry 
so you need to be quick with the pictures!!


Cambrie comes to check it out!


Cambrie wonders why her sister moved it out of her way!

Unfortunately I don't have a picture of Brinley with her opened gifts.
Like I said, you have to be quick 
and I wasn't!

Paityn opens her gift...


She loves crafts and is thrilled with her gift!


One more picture....

This cutie is soon gonna walk!
Such a doll baby 

Tuesday, Dec. 5
I was up early because I had a bus  coach to catch.....I was going on another Bob Neff tour! 

Last week my friend, Marge, asked me if I wanted to go so I did. Well, it wasn't quite that easy. I had to cancel an appointment and make sure I wasn't needed at home. It's so busy around here all the time and there was more than once when I thought I shouldn't have said I'd go. But Christy said to just go and enjoy. So I did ☺

Oh, I almost forgot to tell you this it was a Christmas mystery tour....We had no idea where we were headed for the day. So fun!!


It rained all day.


First stop was a rest stop....
McD's or Starbucks....

Well of course!!


Next stop,
Purity Candy, Allenwood, PA


We watched them make candy canes!
Then they handed us each a huge candy cane when we got back on the bus!


Me with my friends...
I only met Ada, standing next to me, that day.
The other three I have known longer.
Lydiann went to my church some  years ago.
Two are moms of Ellen's friends,
Reba, Marge.

We all have kids with special needs.

Next stop,
lunch at the Historic Lewisburg Hotel.





When have you last needed one of these??   


Leaving to head to the next stop....
where? we don't know!
Our bus coach driver standing on the brick sidewalk.
She was a wonderful driver!
And the owner of the Hotel is standing at the door 
with the blue jacket.
He apologized for his casual appearance.
It was a maintenance day for him!

One more picture of this beautiful building.....


Totally enjoyed eating there!
They made me a gluten free apple crisp dessert....
above and beyond, I'd say.
And I appreciate ♥


Next stop, a Christmas Tree Farm.

The owner shows us how they make wreaths
while he tells us the history of the farm.


Also at the farm are rooms and rooms and rooms
full of Christmas tree ornaments!

A selfie is in order!

Next Stop......
Bill's Old Bike Barn, Bloomsburg, PA

Um, I was not at all sure I was going to enjoy this stop.

But, was I ever wrong!!

Here's Bill, the owner of this place, telling us about it.
What an amazing collection he has!!

We started wandering through....
warning, lots of pictures!

Loads of beautiful carousel horses!


All kinds of toys!
Lydiann had a Cabbage Patch telephone as a teen!
That doll buggy looks like something I played with ☺
A Barbie camper....always thought that was neat.


I think I was always a little jealous of any kid that had one of these....
even Sally in the Dick, Jane and Sally books!!


Elvis, musical instruments, Cola Cola, a fireman's pole!




Can't imagine getting a perm with that contraption!
I'm sure I had a hairdryer similar to the yellow one shown here ☺


Being silly!


No words.....still don't like going to the dentist!



Tons of things the guys are interested in!!
There was more outside but it was raining
and an hour was not long enough!


Loads and loads of cameras!
I had one like the bottom pic!
Remember flash cubes?
How about the clicking sounds of the reel projectors?


Avon!
I had one like the middle left!


I love old stuff!







Hope to go again sometime! 

Back on the bus coach to the next stop.
Dinner at a Front Street Station in Northumberland, PA.
It was very neat and the food was so good!


They seated us in the banquet room.
How pretty and so very cool to have a train car at each side of the room!


We were coming to the close of a very fun day.
I will join these ladies next year too....
can't wait!



If you ever have an opportunity to take a bus tour,
consider Bob Neff Tours! 


Wednesday, Dec. 6  

Zoe participated in the Nutcracker!


Getting ready!



And after this picture, my phone was full and I couldn't take any more pictures =(
I took some on Christy's phone, 
I'll have to ask her to send me a few.

The show was amazing! 
They all did such a good job.
Several kids from our church were in it.

Then that evening, our Women's group at church
went out for dessert. 

Gina and I spent some time together that afternoon 
so she joined us too.
Ellen heard the word dessert.
Of course she wanted  to go!

Small group
but each one is precious to me!


Greta brought Carson too.
Baby boy coming soon!
Can. Not. Wait!


Yesterday I mostly stayed home. Laundry day! I did take Zoe to dance because her mommy was working and her daddy had to take big brother to karate. 

Today I need to make a return and will do some looking while I'm at the mall anyway. While I do most of my Christmas shopping online, I do like to shop some in stores too. Love the experience as long as it's not too crazy busy. Don't like it as I once did. Must be showing my age!!

Hopefully tomorrow will be the day to do some Christmas decorating at home! Won't do it all but hopefully just enough to make it feel festive. I can work at it next week. I'm just anxious to get started.

God bless you! Enjoy each day of this special month! 





5 comments:

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

So glad to catch up with you and yes, you have been a very busy bee! Thanks for sharing the pictures of your fun times. I dont know how you do all you do as it is, and I admire you so much. Enjoy today and the upcoming weekend.

Anonymous said...

I loved all of your photos. Nice to see your family and your group of friends from the tour. The tour looks like a terrific day. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. xoxoxo

Kathy said...

You are so busy! You sound like me, ha ha. I wish I had been on that trip with you. It sounds like so much fun. The Nutcracker show looks good too. I don't know how you do everything. I would be so tired. Take care with the snow that is headed our way. Actually I think I'm going to get more than you are.

Theresa said...

Oh what a fun trip:). I enjoyed browsing thru your pics! I love the train picture with you and your friends. Such a nice trip and I would love to go. Take it easy and decorate when you are all rested up. HUGS

Mari said...

You sure have had a full schedule! Going on a mystery tour sounds like a lot of fun, and I can see that this one was. I would have enjoyed it too!