Thursday, December 4, 2014

Finished - Not Finished

Been working at this all week....

Finished.....stairs to our basement living area.

Finished....thought the Grands may get a kick out of ringing the bell :)

Not finished....needs more stuff to elevate the picture. Using the open suitcase is a first for me. 


Finished... Not a good pic! Should have tried it again, maybe with a flash :)


Finished, I think. I may add some greens when I get some.  

Same with this one...I think it needs some greens. 

NOT finished!! These pots are crying out to be filled with greens!! And for pete's sake, I do have a Holiday mat to replace this one. Oops, not on top of that detail :)


Finished. Let me show you a close up...

The red stars are on the end windows

This one is in the middle. I love the stars!

Finished...I think!

Finished.  We have always had a Moravian star. We found a perfect place for it at this house too :)

The kiddos love this :) it plays Away in a Manger when you press down on the Angel. 

Finished? We have a few outdoor lights. The wreath has some lights but I noticed that I need to change some batteries....they are a bit dim! Maybe I'll add some lights to the greens in the pots... When I get greens, sigh. It's on the 'to do list' :) 

Still working on the mantle and the staircase and the loft. It will be finished, soon I hope. 

Merry Christmas!


5 comments:

Jean said...

I just want to start singing "O Holy Night" when I look at the last picture. Everything is GORGEOUS!!!!

Theresa said...

Oh Doris, it is all looking SO festive! I love the sled and skates! It makes me want to send the Husband looking for our olden sled:) The stars are precious and so is that little Manger! I would like to find one like that:) Enjoy your decorating! Feels good, doesn't it? Sending HUGS and Prayers your way!

White Lace and Promises said...

How absolutely beautiful. Pretty pretties. I love the theme with the stars in each window. Wise men still follow a star, right? I'm crazy about vintage suitcases. I have a couple of red ones in my booth and I'm thinking about going and getting them. Your home is beautiful and perfect when filled with your happy family.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

You are certainky having a fun time decorating in your new home. Everything is looking festive, Doris.

Karen said...

I love all your decorations. especially the sled and skates and the adorable manger scene!!