Monday, November 10, 2014

I Feel Blessed

It's a Monday. It's late afternoon. Dinner is ready to be placed in the oven. I feel blessed today and want to show you why =)

I LOVE my kitchen. Even when I see/make it a mess. I'm a messy cook, I really am!

This kitchen is so spacious. I don't need to dig deep within the depths to get to the items I need to make a meal for our hungry bunch. I'm blessed beyond anything I could have ever imagined. Yes I am.

Behind this door is something I'm so thrilled to have in this kitchen.....


Blessed, indeed.....

This appliance works for me =) 

Time to empty and reload. Yup, there's never a shortage of dirty dishes around here. 

What's it looking like in your neck of the woods? Take a little look at ours.....

Empty pots ......


Empty flower beds......


Mostly empty trees! 

Saturday was a big leaf clean up day for the men in this house. How nice of our neighbor to let Corey borrow his gas powered leaf blower. With that and the smaller electric one that Corey has, the guys had the back yard cleared in a jiffy. Aidan and Zoe had fun being outdoors too. 

Last week one day as Zoe and I were leaving to go somewhere (I don't remember where!) she said, Yeah, it will soon be winter!!  Oh dear, I don't share her enthusiasm at all. Later I asked why she said that....I wasn't at all sure what prompted the sudden season declaration. She said, I can see through the trees!! Well, of course, that's it :) 

Time to clean up the kitchen! And I don't mind doing it one bit. 

Happy Monday to you!


5 comments:

Theresa said...

Love your spacious kitchen! Mine is plenty big for me and I am thankful for it AND the dishwasher:) The leaves are sure keeping my hubby busy! He keeps them cleaned up at least once a week! Enjoy your evening dear Doris, HUGS!

Anonymous said...

I can see through our trees too! I am so happy for you. I can just imagine you standing there looking out at the back yard. It took a lot of patience but it was so worth the wait. Your home is perfect for each one of you! It will be a very special Thanksgiving for you guys! Love you.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

You have a wonderfully big kitchen,Doris, and it's certainly one we could enjoy cooking in, but our needs are less than yours now so we will make do with a much, much smaller one. Yes, a DW is a very handy appliance to be thankful for. I like Zoe's reasoning on why winter will be here soon.

White Lace and Promises said...

I love your kitchen. I like to look at mine:) Don't do much cooking. We had a redo a couple of years ago. I really want to change the color of my walls. I never was happy with them. I want to go a little warmer. I'll show sometime.

Susan said...

I love your kitchen, Doris! And yes, seeing & living our blessings makes us so much more aware of all that God gives us. We have plenty of life going on in our household right now -- so the leaves are piling up on us. Dan & I are hoping this weekend to start on them. Blessings to you & your family!